READ: Isaiah 43:1-3 Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
This has recently become one of my favorite scriptures. It's packed full of the promises straight from God for His children.
- God is telling me that I don't have to be afraid. I was once bound by sin but Jesus has paid the debt for me to be released and set free! (So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed, John 8:36).
- God is telling me that I AM HIS - He called me by name. (For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, Galatians 3:26).
- God is telling me that no matter what I face, God will be with me. (It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed, Deuteronomy 31:8).
- God is telling me that when I go through difficulties, I will not fall to them. (Though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand, Psalm 37:24).
- God is telling me that when I walk through the flames of oppression, I will not burn up and the flames will not consume me. (The LORD will go forth like a warrior, He will arouse His zeal like a man of war He will utter a shout, yes, He will raise a war cry He will prevail against His enemies, Isaiah 42:13).
It is a comfort to read these promises over and over again to ourselves. Proclaim them OUT LOUD so the enemy hears them. They are promises that we can count on! Whatever you are going through or will go through - you will never be alone. Your Savior is right there beside you today and always. . .